DEDICATED TO PATRICIA CHARLES, SAINT LUCIA 1937-2010 and REX NETTLEFORD, JAMAICA 1933-2010.
Compiled and selected by John Robert Lee – Castries, St. Lucia 2014
Photo 1: Derek Walcott, Martin Carter, George Lamming, Earl Lovelace, Ernest Moutoussamy (Guadeloupe), Kamau Brathwaite. Carifesta 1995, Trinidad.
Photo 2: Women writers at BIM magazine conference on women’s writing, Barbados, 2008. Carolyn Cooper, Danielle Boodoo-Fortuné, Angela Barry, Dana Gilkes, Esther Phillips, Ramabai Espinet, George Lamming, Joanne C. Hillhouse, Patricia Mohammed , Margaret Gill, Curdella Forbes.
- West Indian Authors – Prose writers, mainly novelists, with selected works listed.
- West Indian Authors – poets, a Name Index.
- Selected Anthologies of West Indian Literature.
- West Indian Literary Journals.
- Readings on West Indian Literature in English.
- The Historical, Cultural and Social Background.
This bibliography presents selected texts of Caribbean writing in English and of works on the background to the writing. Many of these represent the…
View original post 9,355 more words